Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Making room for the nursery

We have a three bedroom house, and have always felt that we had a ton of room for a baby.  We have our master bedroom, an office, and a guest bedroom.  The plan is to make the office into the nursery.  We have decided to get started with the nursery since we are 12 weeks pregnant today!!  Well we soon realized how little space we have while we were clearing out everything from the office.  We posted a few older pieces of furniture on Craigs list, bought a really nice steel shelving system for the garage, and have almost completely emptied out the office/nursery.  We spent the day yesterday clearing out the office/nursery from the closet and room.  The only thing that is left is a bookshelf full of books, and the plan is to move that to the guest bedroom.  We spent today cleaning out the garage and organizing everything onto the new shelves.  It looks so great.  I was finally able to convince Jason to put all of his car show trophies into the garage (so they can hang out with the car) and for those of you who know, I've been having this argument with Jason for 3 years now to get them out of my house.  I finally won, poor guy has given up a lot this last year related to his car, and he's struggled with it, but the motivator for him is our baby.  We are tired from all the work these last few days.

We looked at paint colors yesterday for the nursery.  We know we are going to do a shade of green, but I like the brighter greens and Jason likes the darker ones.  We are also looking at wanes coating.  Jason wants to put a laminent flooring in, but we haven't decided if we are doing that or not.

3 comments:

  1. 12 weeks! How exciting!!! Decorating was always fun for me. Take care and happy spring!

    Heather Barnett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for y'all!!! I can't wait to see the little cutie! Now do tell more about this car?? Classic? What kind? Year model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His car is a 2001 Lexus IS300, which is sporty with fancy window tinting, rims and tires. He has sold his speakers and subwoofers already.

      Delete