Today my nurse notified me that our lab value that we've been waiting on for our eligibility towards the clinical trial came back today and it was too low for the study. My result for this test was 0.9 and in order to be eligible we needed to be between 1-3. So just barely missed it. It also means that I have poorer ovarian reserve that what I should, or at least think I should. Don't even get me started on my fears related to that. That means we aren't eligible, and there's not anything we can do about it. I'm heartbroken. We tried not to get our hopes up, but it just looked so good, we seemed like really good candidates. I am kind of in shock right now, and I just really don't know where to go from here. We always discussed that if this clinical trial fell through that we would go through with our original plan, and that ultimately the end result would be the same. Well now, I can't help but second guess. I was so looking forward to the possibility of being pregnant by Christmas, and now I know that is not a possibility. I'm questioning everything now...if we should even be doing this, if now is infact the right time to be doing all this, and if it's even going to work.
We have a regroup with our Dr in a week and a half to discuss where to go from here, so I might not have any updates for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment