Last week I had an appointment with my Dr to discuss all our test results that we've been doing the last month. It turns out that my uterine artery dopplers came back really high pressure and it is recommended that I do electro-accupuncture to help dilate the vessels. This includes hooking up electrodes to my accupuncture needles and continuously zapping me for an hour, it's fun.... I am to do this twice a week for a month and we will see if it has helped. If it doesn't, or not enough, then the Dr will put me on Viagra. I didn't think this medication was for women, but oh well, Jason's quite excited for that option. We also found out that our little swimmers have funky tails; what this means is that we will have to do ICSI on 100% of our eggs for fertilization, as the Dr doesn't think they will be able to fertilize an egg the natural way. With all of this, it has just reaffirmed that we are doing the right thing here. I am quite excited though, because our time is getting closer again for the ivf cycle. The plan is to go forth in January, so will have fun updates then.
I've had 2 accupuncture appointments now, 6 more to go. It's kind of relaxing, after you get over the pinching sensation. Now I'm just waiting for day 1 of my cycle to start, hopefully in two weeks or so, and I will be put back on birth control pills, possibly viagra, and three weeks after that we will start our Lupron injections.
We are praying for you Shelly and Jason! I hope that all goes well. I love your positive attitude about it too! That always makes a huge difference! We love you guys very much! Love the blog....it keeps us updated!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, friend! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHey Jason and Shelly,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update. :) I am sending all of my positive thoughts and energy your way in hopes that you will have everything go your way this time around. I think about you guys all the time and miss you even more. Love you both!