Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Update

Well we are getting ready to get this whole thing started. I've completed almost 4 weeks of my electroaccupuncture and have repeat uterine doppler studies on Friday. This will show if the accupuncture has helped or if I will need to go on Viagra, or continue with both. I hope not. I started on the birth control again yesterday, and so far have been feeling okay with it. I need to have some lab work done this morning, and depending on what my labs show, I might need to be put on synthroid for my thyroid. Apparently my TSH (thyroid hormones) level last drawn in October were 3.7 and they would like it to be 2.5 or less for pregnancy and it has been overlooked till now. If my results are still high, then I will start synthroid and probably have to stay on it for the entire pregnancy, and maybe beyond, but hopefully not. Apparently I'm not hypothyroid, but the levels are too high for those trying to get pregnant. They just keep finding new problems with me...Also on Friday we will be discussing my new tentative calender of events. As of right now, my nurse said that it looks like we will be starting my Lupron shots on January 3rd. I can't believe the time has almost come. Last month, I was a little depressed and anxious for everything to start, and now that we are almost here again, I am so excited. I still don't know how I'm going to manage all of this once it's started, but millions of people do this every year, and if they can do it, I can do it. I am so thankful for the wonderful support from Jason, since I know that I could not do anything without him, and he is definately the glue that holds me together at times where I am getting ready to explode, thank goodness for husbands!!

No comments:

Post a Comment