Monday, October 8, 2012

Induction Tomorrow

I am scheduled to go to the hospital tomorrow for our induction.  The plan is that I will go in tomorrow evening for cervical ripening and then on Wednesday, they will start the medication that will make me contract and hopefully delivery Emory.  We are getting so excited.  This means that in 2-3 days our baby girl will be here.

What brought us to this point is, my appointment last Thursday with our ultrasound showed us that Emory is still too small.  She is estimated at weighing 5lb 14oz, and her abdominal circumference is lagging behind the most.  They don't like it when they see this assymmetric measurements.  She is not considered growth restricted, but since she will be 39 weeks tomorrow, they figure there is no point in waiting any longer for her to come, as her lungs are mature.  I had another appointment today, where we finalized plans.  My cervix is dilated to 1.5 cm and my cervix is 50% thinned out.  This is a good place to start, and I've lost several pieces of my mucous plug today.  The Dr stripped my cervical membranes with his fingers today, which has caused me to spot a little, but that is normal.  We did this in the hopes that if my body is ready, it will go into labor on it's own before the induction, or that it might make my cervix more receptive to the medications.  I haven't been contracting much since he did this though.  I am a little bummed about this, but my actual Dr won't be able to manage my induction as he left for a father/son fishing trip yesterday that has been planned for a while, so I will have a different Dr for the induction, but I like this Dr as well.  My Dr was so bummed as well and kept apologizing that he was going to miss it, as he was expecting me to deliver next week as that is my due date.

My grandparents are leaving for Loveland on Wednesday morning, and will be here for delivery and about a week after to help out.  I am looking forward to seeing them, and spending some time together.

Jason and I keep having these light bulb moments where we realize how real this is.  We are going to be parents in just a couple days; Emory's primary care providers for life.  It all still seems so surreal, and I guess we never thought this day would get here.  I am a little bummed about the fact that I won't be going into labor on my own, but I know I will get over that as soon as I meet her.  I also am a little sad about the fact that in just a couple days I won't be pregnant anymore.  Over all, I have had a pretty good pregnancy with few complaints, and I am already missing the fact that I won't be feeling her moving inside of me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment