Sunday, September 30, 2012

37 weeks (almost 38)

Alot has happened since I last posted on here.  My ultrasound last week went okay, but Emory is definately too small.  She is measuring about 3 weeks behind.  My placenta looks good, the umbilical cord looks good, she's moving like she should, and my amniotic fluid is still good.  Since she is so small though, the Dr will want to delivery her earlier than her due date.  Since all the ultrasound tests are still doing good, she bought herself another week of growing, but the Dr said he wouldn't let me go past 39 weeks, so that means I will be induced within 10 days or so, maybe sooner.  I have another ultrasound and Dr's appointment on Thursday, and we will probably have a plan of action then.  Two weeks ago she was approximately 5lb 2 oz small, not big, and it will be interesting to see how much she's grown in two weeks.  If she hasn't grown very much, that might just well be our ticket to the hospital.

We are all ready for her, we got our cloth diapers, I've packed my bag (finally), we did our belly cast yesterday, all her laundry is washed and put away, and our carseat bases are installed in both our cars.  Now we just get to play the waiting game, which is fun and slow at the same time.

Like I said, we did our belly cast yesterday, which was an interesting process.  It turned out great thanks to Jason, and we can't wait to finish it with plaster and paint it, then hang it up in the room somewhere.  This is an uncomfortable process though, and my back was killing me by the end of it. 

My grandparents are planning on coming down for about a week after Emory is born to help out, and I am so thankful for them.  I know they will be a great help, and I never will want them to leave.

The pregnancy symptoms are the same as before, the swelling in my feet are a little worse though.  I hope it does't take too long for the swelling to go down and stay down.  I want my old feet back, I'm tired of them hurting and itching at the same time.  I am so excited for my maternity leave to start, and it should start in just three more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment