Friday, September 14, 2012

35 Weeks

We have had a busy week.  Saturday and Sunday was our childbirth preparation classes, which was a lot of fun, and Jason learned a lot.  I didn't want anyone in our class to know that I was a nurse, and it was so nice to just be a regular person learning with everybody else.  We took the fast track course, which was four hours on both days.  It made for a long weekend though.  To add to that, we had our baby shower on Saturday, and I had so much fun.  It exceeded all my expectations, and was so much fun.  I realized what truly wonderful friends I have.  Thanks to Jennifer VanderHamm, Michelle Grinnell, Jessica Doyle, and Bri Otis.  They organized the shower with lots of food and games, and then even gave me additional presents which were way above and beyond.  Of course I cried a few times, lovely hormones.  Between my long weekend, working the three days before the weekend, and the three days after the weekend, and I am still tired.  My poor feet have swollen so much, and I haven't been able to get them to come down all the way.  I'm trying to be good and keep them propped up and take it easy, but unfortunately my nesting behaviors have interferred with that and I can't help but want to finish the nursery.  I have had so much fun organizing the nursery and finishing up with decorations.  Last night we bought curtains and still have yet to buy our crib sheets, changing pad, and changing pad covers.

I am starting to get a little overwhelmed now that the deadline is getting closer.  I keep realizing all that still needs to be done.  We are getting so excited to meet her!!

Tomorrow I am planning on getting my maternity pictures taken, and am excited for that.  I have a wonderful friend from work taking them, and I know they are going to turn out great.  I will post some when I get them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment