Today I received a call from the Dr office telling me what my AMH level is. An AMH level tells the ovarian reserve. Apparently, when I got my blood drawn on Monday, they drew two AMH tubes. One was processed at CCRM locally, as needed anyways for their testing, and than one was sent away to be processed by the clinical trial people. Some of you may remember that this is the important lab value that dictates my eligibility for the clinical trial or not. Well, my AMH level processed locally was 2.0, which is perfect. Normal is between 1-3. The two samples aren't usually the exact same, but this is a pretty good indication of what my value is that was sent away. Now we are waiting to hear the result, to get the for sure go ahead for the clinical trial. I am so excited, there is no guarantee, but it looks pretty darn good. Hopefully I will know within the next week. If we are eligible, we will start our cycle in 23 days or so. I have another appointment next Thursday, next week, to discuss the consents for IVF, get ultrasounds/dopplers, a hysteroscopy (they take a peek into my uterus with a camera), and look over the calender of events for the following month. This calender will have everything on it. What medications I take and exactly when, when testing is due, and when we will do the retrieval and transfer.
I have been feeling really nauseous the last couple days, and I think it is because of these birth control pills. It has been such a long time since I took birth control pills, and I am not liking how I am feeling. I guess I should get used to it though, as hopefully in a few months I will be feeling morning sickness, and will be nauseous more often.
So excited for you two :) Seems like each day is more great news - what a great feeling this must be for you guys as you continue on this journey. Looking forward to reading your story as it unfolds and to cheer you along as you go through this.
ReplyDeleteHeidi
Hey there you two! It sounds like things are progressing really nicely. I'm so excited for you! Thanks for starting the blog. It's nice to be able to stay updated without having to pester you (along with everyone else who wants to know) about how things are going. Thanks! I love you and can't wait to read more!
ReplyDelete