I had another ultrasound today at my fertility Dr, and he has given me the all clear to start seeing my regular OB Dr, and will not need to go back to see him. It's sweet sorrow, as I will miss my awesome Dr and his excellent team, but it will be so nice to start the regular regiment of pregnancy, see a Dr that is closer to home, and someone who takes my insurance. Yeah no more huge bills!! The baby is growing right on schedule, measuring at 8 weeks and 6 days, which is exactly what I am, and his/her heartbeat was 171, which is perfect. My subchorionic bleed has also gotten smaller in size by a lot, and I am free to resume all my normal activities. I am so excited to be able to go back to the gym, swim a little, I have gained so much weight the last few months, and my jeans no longer fit, fun IVF.
I also get to start weaning my progesterone and estrogen quickly, and within a week and a half I will be completely done with them both, actually on the first day of spring will be the last day, perfect timing. I am so excited to not have to worry about these medications any more, and I will save lots of money no longer having to order more. Fortunately, I have enough medication to complete the weaning, and will in fact have a little extra.
I have been feeling ok the last few weeks. I have the normal symptoms, but over all I really can't complain. The nausea is still pretty constant, and I have vomited a few times, but I know that I am lucky, and am not as sick as other women have been. In fact, there are somedays that I feel fine and worry a little. I know it's normal to fear the loss of a pregnancy, and every day that I feel fine, I worry that something is wrong with the pregnancy, but my Dr affirmed my fears today, and everything is looking great, I guess I'm just lucky...knock on wood.
I can't believe that we are nine weeks pregnant tomorrow. It has gone surprisingly fast, and it has all seemed so easy. I know this is because it has been so difficult to get to this point. We are getting excited planning the nursery, and looking at baby things, doing research, reading reviews, all that fun stuff. Now we are headed for a whole new series of expenses.
No comments:
Post a Comment