We have officially broke ground on our nursery. We have decided to rip the carpet out and put a laminate flooring down, paint the walls, and put up chair railing. We actually got a lot done today in just 6 hours or so. We ripped out the carpet and padding, removed the base trim, and painted the walls. We have touch ups on the walls still, and we are going to paint stripes on the bottom portion of the walls too. We worked well as a team, but Jason really did most of the work, and definitely all the hard work. Jason wants to paint the chair railing orange, but we are still discussing that. After we put the chair railing up and put finishing touches on the paint, then we will be ready to lay down the new flooring. I am particularly excited about this part. I think it will look so nice, and it will give us a great opportunity to learn what we are doing, as I would love to do this throughout my entire downstairs, especially in my dining room. We won't be able to pick this project back up for another week though as Jason is going fishing with a friend tomorrow, has a class Tuesday and Wednesday, we have a morning full of Dr's appointments on Thursday along with our ultrasound (yeah!!) and I work Thursday and Friday night. That's probably okay though, as it will take a week for our bodies to recover from the work.
I can't believe in just a few days, we will be 20 weeks. Half way there, which is awfully exciting. I have been feeling just fine besides the minor aches and pains, and have definitely gotten my appetite back. In fact, I'm snacking as we speak. My body has definitely been changing. I have had a little belly for a while, but now it's not just gas, ha ha, it's half full of a baby.
Jason is officially on summer break, and he's already looking forward to all of the naps he will be taking. Yesterday we planted seeds in our flower pot in the front yard, and can hope for flowers in approximately a month to two months. We have never planted seeds before, normally we plant already sprouted flowers, but this year we decided to reallocate those fund elsewhere, ie. the nursery. So instead of the instant gratification of beautiful flowers, we must wait for them, just as we are waiting for our baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment