Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's a Girl!!

That's right, it's a girl!  We had our ultrasound today, and it was so much fun.  Our little girl will be named Emory Ryan Hooker.  We almost didn't get to find out the sex of our baby today, she was hiding her goods from us.  She is contorted in the most uncomfortable looking position; bent in half so that her head is by her feet.  She also had her legs crossed the majority of the time.  After several attempts to look at the private parts without success, we took a break and had me roll onto my right side for approximately 5 minutes.  After this point, the ultrasound tech went right to that area and we were lucky enough to get a quick peek.  I do mean quick too because after only a few minutes she crossed her legs again.  She is quite the lady already keeping her legs crossed.  Poor Jason was beginning to get disappointed.  He was so excited and nervous that he didn't sleep very well last night, and was pretty sick this morning.  As soon as we found out though, he was so relieved.  Everything is looking good so far, but we weren't able to see everything because of the position that she was laying in.  This means I will have to go back in a few weeks for another ultrasound to try again.  Ironically enough, 2-3 weeks ago while peeking with the ultrasound at work, Emory was in the exact same position.  She has her butt in my cervix (breech presentation) right now, and favoring my left side.  She has lots of flipping to do still, but I get the impression this is her favorite position.  It will be interesting to see what the future holds.  We got so many great pictures and even a disk of the entire ultrasound.  She was not happy being poked and prodded for so long and was moving all over the place.  I didn't realize how uncomfortable an ultrasound can be; laying flat on your back with your legs down, a full bladder, firm pressure on the abdomen and moving around constantly.  I think I am still in shock as well, I really honestly thought it was a boy, and am surprised that I was wrong.  I have to now get out of the habit of referring to the baby as he/him, which I've caught myself doing several times today.  We are so thrilled!!

I then had my Dr appointment, and everything is continuing to look good.  I am continuing to feel pretty good as well.  My next appointment in in a month and I will be doing my glucose test then.  I am not really looking forward to this, as I've heard that it's not a pleasant experience.  I am also worried that it will not turn out okay, and I will have gestational diabetes, but we will see.  I'm crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment