Monday, July 16, 2012

27 weeks

Emory is 27 weeks old, and I can tell that she is getting so big.  She is laying in my belly sideways, and I can feel her hard head and butt on both of my sides.  She is also putting a lot of weight on my bladder and round ligaments.  She likes to move around a lot, and Jason loves feeling it.  The other night, I made him put his head on my belly and feel her move that way, and he really liked it.  It was fun!!  Jason and I are getting really excited.  We just love her so much already, it's crazy to think of how much our love has grown and will continue to grow with her.  We refer to her as our miracle baby, and we just lay in bed talking about how she will look, what she will like to do for activities as she grows, how smart she's going to be, and all the fun stuff we want to do with her.  I've heard parents talk about the love they feel for their children, and now I finally see.

The pregnancy is going great, overall I really can't complain.  Besides the general body aches and being uncomfortable every once in a while, my excitement wins out.  Jason is really good at rubbing my sore feet, and making fun of my swollen ankles.  They like to puff up when I work, and my toes turn to little sausages.  I am not a fan of how ugly my feet/ankles look at these times.  I passed my glucose test a few weeks ago; I was worried about how it was going to go, and hoped I wouldn't have gestational diabetes, so I'm happy about that.  The doctor is not concerned about my progress, and I have another appointment in a week or so.  After this appointment, I will have my appointments every two weeks then.  I can't believe how in a few weeks, we will be in our third trimester.  The time has gone by so quickly, and we've been having so much fun.

We picked up and assembled our furniture for the nursery yesterday.  I think it looks fantastic.  We got our furniture from Furniture Row, and we got a crib, dresser, and book shelf.  Something that is cool about the dresser and book shelf though, is that it can be stacked on top of each other, and turn into a hutch.  This seems like a perfect option, as the nursery is small, and this allows us to increase the storage space in the room vertically without taking up room on the floor.  Right now, everything is set up individually, but we still need to find a glider/ottoman, and it's already cramped in there, so I think we'll be stacking the book shelf.  This set is really nice quality, and the crib converts all the way to a full size bed, so the plan will be that this furniture will take her to college or beyond.  Emory has nicer furniture, and a nicer looking room than we do.  That's okay though, she deserves it.

We have already started shopping as well.  She has a nice little starter wardrobe already hanging up in the closet.  I am in love with all the cute girl clothes out there.  We've also gotten a few books and toys for her too.  She's going to have a lot of fun playing in her new room.

No comments:

Post a Comment