Saturday, January 28, 2012
Bed Rest
I was warned how difficult bed rest can be, but I didn't believe them. I thought, how difficult could it be just to lay around all day, I do that all the time. Well there's a big difference when you are being told you have to do it, vs. just doing it because you want to. I am only allowed one trip up and down the stairs a day, which means after coming down in the morning, I can't go back up until when we are ready for bed. I can lay in any position I like, as long as it is lying. I can't be greater than 45 degrees elevated unless I am going to the bathroom. It is very difficult eating laying down. My body is sore just from laying down, and changing positions doesn't help that much; my lower back especially. I am also not allowed a heating pad, which has been my best friend the past few days with the bloating, but the heat is bad. I've tried propping with pillows, and changing positions on the couch, but not much helps. I am officially off bed rest in the morning, and I'm very excited, though I do still need to take it easy. Jason is so cute and sweet, always getting me snacks/food and of course acting as the perfect bed rest nazi, always criticizing me for getting up, even if it is just to go to the bathroom. I shouldn't complain though, as I am constantly thinking about our two embryo's inside, and how they need this. We are having a Harry Potter movie marathon. We are on the 6th movie, yes we have watched 5 so far, crazy. After we will have a Matrix marathon, if I get my way, which I will, since Jason is being so accommodating, he's the best. I'm so glad that we have the whole weekend together, but I'm afraid Jason will be excited to go back to school on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment